Here is a mini yoga master list on yoga for curing anxiety and depression. I’m not a therapist but I know yoga can help alleviate anxiety and depression symptoms. I hope this can help at least one person. Whatever you may be going through, remember that it’s only temporary and things will get better soon. Remember to be sunny☀
- Yoga For the Winter Blues- Yoga For Depression
- Stress Release Yoga | Mellow Out Anxiety
- Yoga for Anxiety- Stress Management - Relief Flow (60 Min.)
- Guided Meditation for Anxiety and Obsessive Thoughts
- Move & Groove Vinyasa Flow Yoga W/ Music (25 minutes)
- Yoga For Stress, Anxiety, and Depression
- Easy Stress Relief Yoga
- Yoga to Make You Happy, Relaxing Beginners Routine for Stress & Depression
- Emotional Detox Yoga Sequence
- Yoga to Make you Happy
- Yoga for Stress & Anxiety
- YIN Yoga for Cramps, Anxiety, and Insomnia
- Chopra Guided Meditations
- Fragrant Heart Guided Meditations for Healing
- Meditation for Depression
- Depression Lifting
Music to Relax To: Most of these are soothing sounds that can last up to 10 hours! Lay down and take a few deep breaths while listening to these soothing sounds.
- Vital Energy
- Soft Piano
- 3 Hours of Ocean, Flute, and Piano
- Tibetan Healing Sounds
- Relaxing Sounds with Water
- Gentle River
- Reiki Zen Meditation
Remember to smile :)
THIS IS IMPORTANT
1. push yourself to get up before the rest of the world - start with 7am, then 6am, then 5:30am. go to the nearest hill with a big coat and a scarf and watch the sun rise.
2. push yourself to fall asleep earlier - start with 11pm, then 10pm, then 9pm. wake up in the morning feeling re-energized and comfortable.
3. reduce processed food from your diet.
4. get into the habit of cooking yourself a beautiful breakfast. fry tomatoes and mushrooms in real butter and garlic, slice up a fresh avocado and squirt way too much lemon on it. sit and eat it and do nothing else.
5. stretch. start by reaching for the sky as hard as you can, then trying to touch your toes. roll your head. stretch your fingers. stretch everything.
6. buy a 1L water bottle. start with pushing yourself to drink the whole thing in a day, then try drinking it twice.
7. buy a beautiful diary and a beautiful black pen. write down everything you do, including dinner dates, appointments, assignments, coffees, what you need to do that day. no detail is too small.
8. strip your bed of your sheets and empty your underwear draw into the washing machine. put a massive scoop of scented fabric softener in there and wash. make your bed in full.
9. organize your room. fold all your clothes (and bag what you don’t want), clean your mirror, your laptop, vacuum the floor. light a beautiful candle.
10. have a luxurious shower with your favourite music playing. wash your hair, scrub your body, brush your teeth. lather your whole body in moisturiser, get familiar with the part between your toes, your inner thighs, the back of your neck.
11. push yourself to go for a walk. take your headphones, go to the beach and walk. smile at strangers walking the other way and be surprised how many smile back. bring your dog and observe the dog’s behavior. realize you can learn from your dog
12. message old friends with personal jokes. reminisce. suggest a catch up soon, even if you don’t follow through. push yourself to follow through
13. compliment yourself as well as others. you will learn to accept yourself more.
14. think long and hard about what interests you. crime? sex? boarding school? long-forgotten romance etiquette? find a book about it and read it. there is a book about literally everything.
15. become the person you would ideally fall in love with. let cars merge into your lane when driving. pay double for parking tickets and leave a second one in the machine. stick your tongue out at babies. compliment people on their cute clothes. challenge yourself to not ridicule anyone for a whole day. then two. then a week. walk with a straight posture. look people in the eye. ask people about their story. talk to acquaintances so they become friends.
16. lie in the sunshine. daydream about the life you would lead if failure wasn’t a thing. open your eyes. take small steps to make it happen for you.
credit :emma elsworthy
THIS IS A PSA
THIS APP IS CALLED SAFETREK AND IS ABSOLUTELY INVALUABLE TO ANYONE WALKING ANYWHERE WHERE THEY DONT FEEL SAFE
YOU ENTER YOUR INFO AND SET A PIN AND THEN WHENEVER YOU DONT FEEL SAFE, YOU HOLD DOWN THE BLUE BUTTON UNTIL YOU DO
ONCE YOU RELEASE THE BUTTON, YOU HAVE 10 SECONDS TO ENTER YOUR PIN, AND IF YOU DONT THE POLICE WILL BE NOTIFIED OF YOUR LOCATION AND DISTRESS CALL
I TRULY BELIEVE THIS APP CAN HELP SOMEONE OUT THERE SO PLEASE DOWNLOAD IThttps://itunes.apple.com/us/app/safetrek/id716262008?mt=8
"Consensual sex" is just sex. To say that implies that there is such a thing as "non consensual sex", which there isn’t. That’s rape. That is what it needs to be called. There is only sex or rape. Do not teach people that rape is just another type of sex. They are two very separate events. You wouldn’t say "breathing swimming" and "non breathing swimming", you say swimming and drowning.
“The Gender Based Violence Prevention Project is a new project of the Students’ Union that promotes a campus free of gender based violence. Gender Based Violence exists in both visible and invisible ways on our campus and affects the lives of many University students, staff, faculty, and community members. Through education, awareness, and institutional change, we are striving to create a campus free of gender based violence where everyone can feel safe and supported.”
In honor of hitting 69 followers I will be giving away this small shopping cart I found in the trash at work (I’m a janitor so this isn’t as strange as it sounds, I find all sorts of crap). You do not have to be following me, and I will ship anywhere in the world on my own money. If you would like to win said small shopping cart reblog this post by June 30th! Winner will be chosen at random.
Raise your hand if you feel personally victimized by HIMYM’s series finale